Altoona Ridge Run 30K
Saturday, August 18, 2012
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Come run with us in the gorgeous Flint Creek Mountains of Montana!
Race Length: 32 Kilometers
Location: 70 miles East of Missoula, MT in Maxville, MT
Date: August 18th, 2012
Time: Sign in starts at 8:00 am. The race will begin at 9:00 am.
Registration: $55 Entrance Fee (Limited to 25 contestants) There will be an additional $20 late fee assessed for those registering after July 15, 2011
Registration is available at Runners Edge & www.ARLMT.com
The Altoona Ridge Run - "The Toona 30K" is an unsupported race. There will be three aid stations stocked with water and fuel food. The aid stations will be placed approximately 10K and 20K into the race course. Racers are required to carry their own liquids and food to support themselves between aid stations. Although there will be EMTs at aid stations it is recommended racers also carry a small first aid kit for personal use. Bear spray is recommended.
The race will be followed by food and beer at the Maxville VFW bar Post 8292. There will be a raffle at the dinner where racers and spectators can win many prizes. Racers will all receive an Altoona 30K t-shirt and gift bag, full of coupons and giveaways.
Course description - Race Map (Right Click > Save As to download)
- The run will begin and end in the gravel pit before Princeton, MT
- there will be plenty of parking and outhouses
- it will wind up Princeton Gulch, across the ridge line
- at "Cow Camp" the trail will descend to FS road 1583 (1st Medical/food station)
- the trail will follow this road across the mountain and up towards Altoona Ridge Lodge, and out to Sage Brush Hill
- it will then double back to the Lodge (2nd Medical/food station)
- from the Lodge it will drop down the hill to and continue through Princeton, MT
- the finish will be at the same place as the start
- all the trails are in the Deer Lodge National Forest
Please fill out and mail in the attached PDF with your payment to:
Altoona Ridge Lodge
1623 South 11th West
Missoula, MT 59801
If you have any questions email or call Denison at 406.493.6810 to make reservations.
Registrations must be received by the July 15, 2012.